Hour of Code is not a programming language or a platform to learn to code but is a worldwide campaign that aims to raise awareness on the importance of coding and programming for children and students. The campaign was launched by Code.org and has engaged thousands of schools and children to use their tutorials and coding projects.
Under their motto “Anyone can learn”, the Hour of Code is a global movement that has reached over 100 million students (in more than 180 countries). Anyone anywhere can organize an Hour of Code event. Help us give every student the opportunity to learn computer science! Organizers can follow our how-to guide for teaching an Hour of Code and inspire students with these videos.
At its official website, https://hourofcode.com , the Hour of Code offers free tutorials for children and for teachers in many languages, based on your location. Up to now, the Hour of Code enthusiasts and supporters have organized more than 12.000 events around the world.
Children can play the following games and learn to code at the same time:
- Infinity Play Lab – Use Play Lab to create a story or game starring Disney infinity characters. This game is dedicated to children aged between 6 and 14 years old.
- Play Lab – Create a story or make a game with Play Lab. This game is dedicated to children aged between 6 and 14 years old.
- Artist – Draw cool pictures and designs with the Artists. You must be at least 8 years old to play this game.
- Star Wars; Building a Galaxy with Code – Learn to program droids and create your own Star Wars game in a galaxy far-far away. You must be at least 6 years old to play this game.
- Minecraft Hour of Code – Use blocks of code to take Steve or Alex on an adventure through this Minecraft world. You must be at least 6 years old to play this game.
- Code with Anna and Elsa – Use code to join Anna and Elsa as they explore the magic and beauty of ice. You must be at least 8 years old to play this game.
- Classic Maze – Learn to code with Mark Zuckerberg and angry birds. You must be at least 6 years old to play this game.
- Make a Flappy game – Make your own game, Flappy Bird, Shark or Submarine. You must be at least 6 years old to play this game.
Discuss about this article below